Dec 16, 2011

My Blog Post Ideas

Well hello there. Nice of you to drop by my…neglected little blog. I have had good intentions to write in the past month, but have had zero motivation to follow through.

To show that I have thought about my blog, I figured I would share a few of the posts I have been working on in my head…

1. “Gallery Wall Reveal”. Yup- I finished it quite a while ago and when I was taking pictures to share they didn’t come out the way I wanted. So, naturally I got discouraged and just put it off. {Status: hoping to post this at some point because I actually love it.}

2. “My Hang Up with {most} Nativity Scenes”. In this I plan to talk about my rare OCD-ness and how it relates to nativities. {Status: I probably will write this, but it requires a bit of actual research to prove said “hang up” and I haven’t felt like putting forth the effort quite yet.}

3. “Why I Don’t Deserve to be a Mother”. This one is difficult for me to write, but maybe the most important. {Status: I should write this but I think it’s still a work in progress.}

4. “How our Christmas Tree Tells Our Story”. I like the idea of this, but it’s probably a bit cheesy. I will say that I bet YOU don’t have a Darth Vader ornament on your tree. Oh yeah, I do. While I do most of the decorating, Trace does assert his taste here and there J {Status: Not looking good, especially if I write the one about nativities.}

5. “Adoption Update #143”. OK- not reeeaallyyy #143, but it feels like it. We might have a tiny bit of an update that we will feel comfortable sharing after Christmas. {Status: Probably WILL get written considering this blog was started to give updates on our adoption in the first place J}


So folks- there you have it!  Indeed I HAVE been thinking and planning for my blog, I’ve just been too lazy to write anything for it. Perhaps to motivate me, let me know which one(s) of the above topics you would be interested in reading. Go ahead and comment and cast your vote!

4 comments:

  1. You're so funny!!! You know i can't choose. Just spend a few days and write them all =)) Love ya!! Ashley S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I have a similar list of "would be" posts. I'd love to hear your hang-up about nativities, since I tend to be a bit judgemental about inaccurate Christmas decorations myself. But all of these topics sound very interesting. Got a few late nights coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Our Christmas Tree tells our story sounds good too! Actually, they ALL do! BUT! I definitely want to see the adoption update one!!! Stand strong in your faith, dear friend! Every tiny little step is important in this process. Even if it is a revelation to you from God. Capture it all. And only share those you feel comfortable sharing. Love you! Wanna chat this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Christmas tree idea, and of course the adoption updates! :)

    ReplyDelete