Sep 19, 2011

Things on My Mind...

1. On Turning 33…
Just over a week ago I turned 33, and so far I’m OK with that. Birthdays (and just about every holiday) the past few years have been somber and somewhat torturous reminders that my life is still childless, and usually make me sad. However, this past birthday was more of a blessing and seemed absent of that sinking feeling I’ve come to expect. Trace started my day with a humorous version of happy birthday (have I mentioned that my husband is SUPER goofy?!?) he totally makes me laugh! Then I had lunch with some really special girlfriends- women that I want to be like when I grow up. Cake at work was fun, and then Trace and I went to a comedy show at a church in Dallas. Yup- comedy at church! We saw Michael Jr. a VERY funny guy, and I think part of it will even be on Comedy Central. THEN we met some of my favorite people at Denny’s after the show and stayed out until 3:30 in the morning! I can’t remember the last time I stayed out that late and it made me SO happy to spend time with them! I went to bed feeling blessed and peaceful. Sometimes it’s nice to feel thankful instead of just choosing to be thankful =)


2- On Projects…
Even though I am anxious to start my gallery wall (and have the required 11 frames to do so) there are other things I need to tackle first…or so Trace keeps reminding me. He is right (as usual) but I feel torn. Maybe if I just finish the gallery wall first I will be able to focus on the truly important things in my life? Or perhaps Trace just needs to hide my frames…


3- On Pumpkin…
I’m looking forward to the cooler weather that comes with the glorious season of Fall…and all things pumpkin. Trace and I do not see eye-to-eye on eating and drinking things that contain pumpkin (in this he is clearly wrong) but I am determined to try at least 3 new pumpkin recipes that I have skillfully collected from Pinterest. Not really sure if skill has anything to do with it- lots of people on Pinterest seem to like pumpkin related items, therefore proving my point that something must be wrong with my otherwise-usually-right husband.

 


4- On Adoption…
I would like to adopt a child…specifically one from Ethiopia. (OK, I’m in a strange mood today.) Per our case manager it’s looking more likely that we might hear some good news about the partnership with the additional orphanage soon, meaning our chances of receiving a referral this calendar year increase! We are cautiously hopeful but are trying not to think about it and go on with life as normal. Apparently “normal life” for us is to have an adoption yard sale about every 6 months, so we planned another one for Oct 15th. Thanks to many wonderful people we already have lots of stuff to sell (but I’m sure could fit more in if anyone has items to donate!) so next week I will begin going through and organizing/ pricing everything in preparation.  I'm tired just thinking about it, but we've been blessed SO much by these sales that I am thankful for a great way to fundraise for our adoption!



I’d love it if you would share what crazy things are going on in your life right now.  Am the only one that wants to focus on home projects instead of truly important things???

2 comments:

  1. You bless me with every word, Randee! Continually praying for you guys and believing God's timing... even when that makes zero sense. Love to you guys and happy belated birthday, you crazy 3am lady! :) I love it!!! BLESS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your heart here! And as I approach my 33rd on Friday, I plan to have the same attitude and think of you if I feel "the sink" cause I so know!

    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete