- In late September we took a little road trip to Nashville, TN for the Empowered to Connect Conference. We learned SO. MUCH. incredible information about how to parent children from “hard places” (trauma, high risk etc.) and it brought much hope that ALL children can come to dramatic levels of healing. I plan to dust off the “Our Adoption Learning Curve series” and share some specific info on the blog soon because chances are this info will benefit you, or someone else in your family!
- We are in the middle of updating our home study, which means…paperwork! Nothing compared to the first time, but this still involved several appointments, including our fingerprints being recorded…again, and the gathering of documents. It looks like we should be able to get this in the mail tomorrow, so that will be a relief!
- It had been a while, so naturally we thought it was time for another Adoption Yard Sale J Yes, this will be our FIFTH one! On one hand we feel like pros (based on experience), on the other hand we always feel a little nervous and just pray that God blesses our efforts and brings people to BUY. We had a lot of stuff left over from the last sale and some more things were donated since that time, so we think we could have a decent sale. If you think of us please pray it goes well!
- My project hobby has suffered lately. I have grand plans to put up a gallery wall in my living room with pictures of our parents and siblings families and this requires at least 10 frames! I have completed PHASE 1 of the project which is to gather a pic from said family, that that about wore me out, so I decided to take a 2 month break. Just kidding. I actually completed PHASE 2 as well- gather frames for the pictures. After the yard sale I will move to PHASE 3 which is to spray paint each. and. every. single. frame. the same color. After that I will need my sister Nickee or my friend Alisa to help me arrange the frames on my wall. Simple. I can't believe Trace didn't think it was a good idea to squeeze it in before the yard sale J
There are lots of other “things” going on but I figured some update is better than no update J
No comments:
Post a Comment