Jun 23, 2011

To Infinity and Beyond!


Yes, Monday we will be on the waiting list EIGHT. LONG. MONTHS.  I'm pretty sure it wouldn't feel so long if there were an end in sight, but as it stands the statement "To Infinity and Beyond" seems to be a more accurate picture of what our wait looks to be.  Well, not really infinity, but that's pretty much how it feels right now.  Our agency has not given any referrals in over 6 months, and while there is hope that they will start again soon, even then they will not be matching young children with families because most of the kids they have in their care right now are over the age of 3. 

So we continue to wait.  And we continue to pray.  And we work on trusting as we walk forward in blind faith.

In the meantime, I am trying to round up some guest bloggers to contribute to my sad attempt at a blog.  I am blessed with many in my life that have walked the road of adoption (and actually have children to parent) so I thought it might be cool to let them share with you.  I might even have guest writers that have nothing to do with adoption- gasp!  We will see :)  I DO believe I want my blog to be a more positive and "happy place" than it has been lately, so the goal is to get some LIFE breathed on this thing.

Thank you for sticking with us as we navigate our lives! 
Randee

3 comments:

  1. Randee - I'm glad that you keep us updated on what's going on. Personally, I don't feel like it's negative. It's simply reality. and sometimes reality is HARD. We continue to pray for you!
    Love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love you guys! I am constantly blessed that God brought us together in this journey! He knew what was ahead and He knew I'd need a friend in it all! You were the perfect choice (Good job, God!) =)

    I, too, am taking a new approach. Remembering all the ways God is blessing me even in this difficult season.

    Because we are just that. Blessed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely don't feel like your blog is negative...not at all. Like Heidi said, above...it's real, and honest, and I love that about you! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete