***I must start this post with the disclaimer that there are MANY more than 5 things on my mind at the moment- these are the just the 5 things that I decided to share***
1- There is nothing new to report regarding our adoption. It's going as slow as molasses. Is there anything slower than molasses? If so, I would use that to describe our adoption process at the moment.
2- I trimmed all the bushes and weeded the flowerbeds in the front yard and now I no longer feel that I should be considered the "outcast neighbor" in my subdivision. I guess I got inspired when Trace bought some new pruning shears at Lowe's the other day, because in reality I happen to despise (aka HATE) yard work. As a child growing up in AZ my sister and I had to weed the desert landscape (rocks), and I think it's possibly one of the worst childhood jobs ever. Make no mistake though, my kids will be weeding as soon as they are old enough...
Anyway, I think I like using new things and that (and the fact that the front of the house was embarrassing) was why I went to town on the bushes. I do feel quite the sense of accomplishment- never mind that this is a very common household responsibility!
3- If you sell your car make sure to fill out a vehicle transfer notification and send it in (in Texas you can also take the license plates off your vehicle before handing the keys over). This way if someone fails to register the title in their own name and are involved in a hit and run accident, per se, you would not be named in a lawsuit. If you had a bill of sale proving someone bought the car from you, that would definitely help matters, but if not, the whole situation is a huge pain. Random I know, but it's on my mind and I thought I would share this nugget to store in the back-of-your-mind for future reference :)
4- My house has officially recovered from having puppies and a massive yard sale! Translation: all furniture and items have been returned to their original spot/ room. Our garage is still half filled with items for, yes, another yard sale. We were blessed with SO much this last time that we had an incredible sale plus we have more to set out another time. I also have about 5-6 larger items to put up on Craigslist to sell, so my plan is to get to that very soon.
5- Lastly, I wanted to let you know about an auction that is happening right now for a family raising funds for their own Ethiopia adoption. In addition to helping a wonderful family raise the funds to bring an orphan into their home, this is also fun because you also can win an item you like! Click on the button to go to their blog, and then click on individual links to see each item. And don't worry if you out bid me- I got a little crazy and bid on several items at once, but then later realized I probably should have been more strategic about my bids! Trace was a little surprised to find out how much we might be supporting their adoption :) Bless him for putting up with my wackiness! The sale ends this Friday the 10th, so be sure to go soon and check it out.
The car thing happened to my parents when I was younger. The cops showed up in the middle of the night because someone had flipped the truck my dad sold and left the scene. So I agree...this is a good reminder :)
ReplyDelete