May 27, 2011

Seven Months Ago...


Seven months ago today we received word that our dossier was completely approved and was on its way to Ethiopia.  We were elated!  It represented months and months of paperwork, waiting for other people and other agencies for everything to fall into place.  We felt relief and a sense of accomplishment.  That day we thought that by now (May 27th, 2011) we would be matched with a child.  Well, as of today, that has not happened and the process for our Ethiopia adoption feels stalled.   

We wonder what God is doing.  What are His plans for our adoption journey?  Sometimes we wonder how on earth He thinks we are able to endure all the twists, turns and bumps along the road to the family He has chosen for us!  Some days are harder than others, but some days we literally feel abundant grace and that we may actually be seeing a glimpse of His divine plan.  Most of the time it's a walk of faith.

I guess our lives are not unlike many Christians- we have a plan, but often God has a different plan that He does not reveal to us all at once.  Trace and I are learning to embrace the path HE has chosen rather than making our own way, so we pray for wisdom and grace as we continue to walk. 

I think the analogy my dear friend Ashley tells me is wonderful (and I hope I don't mess it up!)  Our lives are a mural, and even though the part we see right now might not look good, the end result is going to be beautiful because God is the one painting it. 

Our mural might look a little fuzzy right now but God is the ultimate Creator, so we'll try and sit back and refrain from picking up the paint brush!

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful post! Praying you guys hear something soon!

    Oh and I love the mural analogy! Thanks Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, how I LOVE THE MURAL ANALOGY!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!! BTW, CONGRATS on being 7 months DTE! Although it sucks that you are still waiting, at least it means you are one month closer to meeting your child!!! God has not forgotten you, friend! He is just painting those parts that you cannot see Him working on! :) Just think! As much as the waiting H.U.R.T, we now understand it was required because our son had not even been born yet!!!! Praying for you in the wait!

    ReplyDelete