Update #1- Tulsa Trip No Go
The first weekend of March I (Randee) was planning to take a short trip to Tulsa to visit with family and a few friends. I was S U P E R excited because I had nephews to hug and kiss and lots of quality time to be had, but alas it did not happen. Trace had not been particularly thrilled about me going for the 2 weeks leading up to it, but I chalked it up to him missing me while I’m gone and just being grumpy about it J Well, the morning I was packed and ready to go he really prayed about it and felt he was uneasy so he asked me to reconsider going. I decided to trust him and stay home even though I was not happy about it. I eventually got over my sadness and tried to have a good weekend anyway. Well, about 5 days later we had a flat tire in the car I would have been driving and I KNEW that was the reason I shouldn’t have gone! I would have been driving on a dark highway late at night, and a flat would have freaked me out. So thankful for God and a praying husband!
Update #2- My Crazy Dress Up Week
You can see the pictures of me dressed up as Charlie Chaplin, a cowgirl and Belle if you click here and scroll down for a theme week we had at my company. There was a team contest and an individual contest so after I did well on the first day of competition I decided to really go for it and try to have a shot at a win. Well, it turns out I DID WIN the individual competition and I was rewarded with a brand new iPod!!! Since we raffled off the last iPod we had for our adoption this is our first to actually use, and I’m a little embarrassed to say that 2 weeks later the only thing I’ve done on it is play around with the camera app. We are not techie people, sooooo yeah- I promise I LOVE the iPod and will utilize it for real someday J
Update #3- Coming events
Any day now my dog Colette Simone (this is the middle name we picked- it means “listening” but I’m not sure that matters to her) is having puppies. This means I will get up with them every 2 hours to make sure they are eating and growing properly. I see lack of sleep in my future…imminently. One or both of my parents will be stopping by for a short visit the first weekend in April, and the second weekend of April we have an Ethiopia get together in Dallas along with an anticipated visit from friends. Better add “clean the house a lot” to my list of upcoming “events” J
Update #4- Yard Sale
We have decided to postpone our scheduled April 16th yard sale to a later date TBD. There are so many things going on right now (see Update #3 plus more not mentioned) that we felt it was better not to push ourselves right now. We WILL be having it, so please know that we are grateful for all the donations so far and we can continue to collect things for the BIG SALE.
Update #5- Ethiopia Adoption
There really is not much of an update to give, as we’ve not heard a whole lot. Next week we will be 5 months on the waiting list to be matched with the child that will become our son. It feels like there has not been any “movement” for a while and that can make this process seem never ending. The ministry in Ethiopia responsible for approving adoptions is still in flux regarding how they will handle certain things, so it is yet to be seen how this will affect the length of our adoption. Rumblings are that it will be worked out for good, so keep praying when you think of those precious children in Ethiopia waiting for a family.
Update #6- Guest Bathroom
You thought I would stop at #5 didn’t you? Well, I was going to do a “before and after” post about this, but my “before” pictures were so bad that I decided to lump it in with all my other updates. A couple of weeks ago I finally decided to go for it and paint the sad little hall/ guest bathroom. The walls were ivory and I had a white shower curtain and rug as accessories (complimented by cream tile)- boring eh? The bathroom is REALLY small, so it’s super hard to get any decent pictures but I did my best (my camera died during the before pics but I didn’t want to wait to charge it before beginning the painting). The actual color of the blue does not come across in these pictures (it’s less baby blue and more has more gray) but whatever, it is A COLOR. I have a couple more plans for this room, but my sweet husband needed a break from my project mania, so I’m going to hold off J
| The "BEFORE" |
| The "AFTER" |
| I had these flowers and white hand towels already |
| This towel rack is the only thing I bought for the bathroom, the picture was a yard sale find that I hadn't found a place for previously. |
No comments:
Post a Comment