I have enjoyed reading many posts of “favorites” and “tops” of 2010 and decided to create one of my very own! I discovered the blog world this past year when we decided to move forward with international adoption and it has been a source of encouragement, connection, challenge and even entertainment since that time. Not all the blogs I follow have to do with adoption, but as you will see many of my favorite posts come from adoption- themed blogs. While I enjoy, and even adore many blogs not represented here, these posts impacted me and I wanted to include them J
From Building the Blocks- Conversations with a 3 year old in the bathroom... Amy is a mom of 9- yes 9, children, 4 biological, 2 adopted from Guatemala , 2 adopted from US foster care, and 1 adopted from Ethiopia . This post warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes because I thought is was so beautiful. Obviously little black boys have a special place in my heart since we are adopting one J
From Our Little Tonginnator- Love and Adoption really spoke to me! It’s lengthy, but if you are (or will be) an adoptive parent it’s definitely worth the time. I needed to understand much of what she said here in order to have a greater compassion and a more honest perspective of some of the hurts and needs my adoptive child may have as he joins our family. Humbling and challenging.
Trace and I attended the Together for Adoption conference in Austin this past Oct and God seriously rocked our world (we have yet to post about it, but will…someday). We were actually in this very breakout session and had the honor of giving a small amount to this heart-wrenching cause. There is true horror that exists in our world, but there are many people that still fight for the cause of the defenseless. This is a story of the good that can come when Christians don’t simply overlook the need.
From In My Own Words- The Ultimate Adoption Story was an amazing read! While there may be some controversy about this- I am really enjoying researching and diving into this subject. You HAVE to read this post- it’s pretty incredible and will get you thinking about adoption- OUR adoption as Christians- in a way you probably never did before.
Every Christmas Trace and I talk about how we are going to “handle” Santa when we have kids and this blog was the best verbalization I’ve ever seen of what *I think* we believe and why. It’s very thoughtful and well presented. Even though Christmas is far, far away I highly recommend it for food-for-thought!
Lastly, I have to include the post from my favorite person in the world- my wonderful husband Trace! If you are new to our blog and missed it, here is his post of Our Adoption Story. I was talking with a woman at church yesterday and she mentioned she read our blog and liked the way he told the story, so I figure it deserved a shout out J
OK, that is it for today! I hope you enjoyed my little list :) I would love to hear of your favorites if you want to leave a comment and suggest them!



Are you sure my shower-incident post wasn't good enough to make the cut?? haha!!! I also loved Love and Adoption...though it seems like that was FOREVER ago!! Wow, 2010...Thank you for not being more unbearably long than you had to!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the mention! I got some flack for the Santa post, but I expected to. Oh well! I can't wait for the kids to go to bed so I can read the rest of these posts.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggested posts! I can't wait to cuddle up on the couch tonight (after dinner) and read them! :) I am also going to email you as I LOVED your suggestion for us to connect via email, since we seem to quite a bit via our blogs! I am so excited to have "met" you and look forward to continued friendship as we share our journeys! :D
ReplyDelete