It's getting close now! We are in the final part of the process to bring our son home from Ethiopia!!! We are busy getting ready, things like putting his nursery together, deep cleaning the house, washing all the baby stuff (who knew that would be a big project?) and such. Once his nursery is done I'll share it on the blog for those that care!
By far, the thing we do the most is think about and pray for our son, and dream about what life will be like when we bring him home.
I thought that it might be fun to share with you Simmie's full name and how we came to decide on each part of it.
His full name is Simeon Trace Nazerawi Jones.
Simeon: About 4 years ago Trace strongly felt that the Lord gave him the name Simeon for our first son. When he told me this, I wasn't immediately certain about it, but I decided to research the meaning of the name at a later time. I did finally look up the name to discover that is means "God Heard" and KNEW it was the right name! At that point we hadn't even begun the serious infertility treatment let alone prayed about adoption, and I assumed it meant that God heard the cry of our hearts to be parents. Now, I believe it means much more. I feel that "God Heard" means that He heard the cry of Simeon's heart to have a family, the cry of his birth family's heart for him to have a future, as well as the cry of our hearts to have children. It feels so complete and perfect to me now.
Trace: It is really important to Trace for his sons to have his name. Many of you know that his "real" name is Morgan, but to most everyone- including me, he is Trace. When we thought and prayed about whether he was Simeon Trace or Simeon Morgan, we both agreed that Trace was "it". I love that our son will have a part of his father's name grafted into his own!
Nazerawi: This is his Ethiopian given name and we want him to keep it as an important part of his beginnings. We searched for a while to no avail to find out the meaning of this name. Even while we were in Ethiopia on our first trip we asked if people knew of it's origin, and were told it was in the Bible! At least 3 people told me it came from the Bible- the Old Testament- and was not an Ethiopian name originally. I searched even more but could not figure it out! I decided to enlist some help and asked my sister-in-law Terri to help search. About a week later I received a call from Terri and she told me that through her efforts she *is pretty sure* she found the meaning! All that she found pointed back to the word "Nazrai" (incidentally our son's nickname given by his nannies in Ethiopia!) also translated Nazarite. Nazarite means "Set Apart"! I totally got chills when she shared this- how amazing would it be?!?
Jones: Um, this is our last name, so YAY! he will be a JONES!!!
We never thought we were the two middle names type- but this fits so beautifully that we are excited how it came together! God is faithful and we are so thankful that we will be bringing our son home soon!
By far, the thing we do the most is think about and pray for our son, and dream about what life will be like when we bring him home.
I thought that it might be fun to share with you Simmie's full name and how we came to decide on each part of it.
His full name is Simeon Trace Nazerawi Jones.
Simeon: About 4 years ago Trace strongly felt that the Lord gave him the name Simeon for our first son. When he told me this, I wasn't immediately certain about it, but I decided to research the meaning of the name at a later time. I did finally look up the name to discover that is means "God Heard" and KNEW it was the right name! At that point we hadn't even begun the serious infertility treatment let alone prayed about adoption, and I assumed it meant that God heard the cry of our hearts to be parents. Now, I believe it means much more. I feel that "God Heard" means that He heard the cry of Simeon's heart to have a family, the cry of his birth family's heart for him to have a future, as well as the cry of our hearts to have children. It feels so complete and perfect to me now.
Trace: It is really important to Trace for his sons to have his name. Many of you know that his "real" name is Morgan, but to most everyone- including me, he is Trace. When we thought and prayed about whether he was Simeon Trace or Simeon Morgan, we both agreed that Trace was "it". I love that our son will have a part of his father's name grafted into his own!
Nazerawi: This is his Ethiopian given name and we want him to keep it as an important part of his beginnings. We searched for a while to no avail to find out the meaning of this name. Even while we were in Ethiopia on our first trip we asked if people knew of it's origin, and were told it was in the Bible! At least 3 people told me it came from the Bible- the Old Testament- and was not an Ethiopian name originally. I searched even more but could not figure it out! I decided to enlist some help and asked my sister-in-law Terri to help search. About a week later I received a call from Terri and she told me that through her efforts she *is pretty sure* she found the meaning! All that she found pointed back to the word "Nazrai" (incidentally our son's nickname given by his nannies in Ethiopia!) also translated Nazarite. Nazarite means "Set Apart"! I totally got chills when she shared this- how amazing would it be?!?
Jones: Um, this is our last name, so YAY! he will be a JONES!!!
We never thought we were the two middle names type- but this fits so beautifully that we are excited how it came together! God is faithful and we are so thankful that we will be bringing our son home soon!
LOVE IT!!! I just couldn't be happier for you guys.
ReplyDelete