Jun 25, 2012

Officially Expecting From Ethoipia!!!

 BIG does not even feel large enough to describe our announcement, but here it is...

WE HAVE ACCEPTED THE REFERRAL OF A GORGEOUS BABY BOY FROM ETHIOPIA!!!

I will save more of the "back story" of how this came to be for another day, but you can surely bet that we are experiencing joy unspeakable as we look at the face of the baby that will become our son!  We feel blessed that the Lord would choose us to parent this precious boy for the rest of our lives.


How did we "meet" our son you ask????


So, Thursday June 21st is the day that we saw pictures of Baby "S"(as we will refer to him on our blog) for the first time.  The emails came through while we were still at work that day, but we decided long ago that is was essential that we were together at the all important moment when we looked at his face.  I know as I was driving home, I was trying to hard to focus and not get into an accident!  I arrived home to discover that Trace had already set up our computer station, which consisted of two laptops- one to read the emails, and one to capture the moment.  The time was FINALLY HERE!!!  


What we found upon opening those files was the most beautiful and perfect little baby boy we could have dreamed up.  Honestly, although we know we are biased, he is gorgeous and if you see us ask to see his pictures- we have them with us at all times!  There was immediate joy and peace in seeing his face, and the deep feeling that this was a sacred moment.  More than relief at finally clearing a hurdle, but more like a long-awaited promise taking on a face and starting to be fulfilled.  There are few such moments like this in a life time.


So what did we do???  Celebrate of course!!!


Trace declared that we needed to go have Ethiopian food to celebrate...in Dallas.  So away we went!  



Starbucks stop halfway between our house and Dallas!

Drinking some celebratory mango juice while holding up Baby "S" picture (and sorry we can't show it yet!) 



After 2 years, 4 months, and 6 days into our adoption it feels like a true miracle to finally know about the little guy we have been waiting for.  You see,  Baby "S" is just 4-6 months old, so he was not around in any way when we got on the waiting list almost 20 months ago!  Let THAT sink in.  I am in awe at our God who knew we should endure a longer wait in order that just the right child would come into our family!  


Thank you to those that have encouraged, stood, cried and prayed with us the past 2 years.  This journey to Baby "S" still will (most likely) have some bumps, but now that we know where the road is leading we will joyfully move forward!



5 comments:

  1. It is just a thrill to read this long awaited post!!! So happy for u!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I LOVE seeing how the Lord orchestrates dreams and proves His faithfulness. I'm so honored to be apart of the friends who are watching the Lords plans for your family unfold. I LOVE ADOPTION!!!!!! And I cannot wait to see pictures of this precious face...and one day (soon) introduce him to his buddy Josh, who is so excited to have a best friend so close in age. ;) HUGS!!!!! CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!! I'm beyond excited! I can't believe it. I don't know why I can't believe it, because isn't that just the way God is? He is so good. I can't wipe the smile off my face. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's timing is HARD and AMAZING all at the same time...celebrating with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He IS beautiful and I can't wait for you guys to have him at home with you. How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete