May 6, 2011

Yard Sale Update and Anniversary

A year ago this week we launched our humble blog!  I agonized over how to set it up (which background to use and such) and my sweet friend Ria helped make the header and fill in a few basics I just didn't know at the time.  It has been a great tool to update people about our adoption process and some of our life along the way.  Not a big deal, just a fun fact I thought I would share :)

Now for the yard sale update- in case you were wondering- we ended up making just over $1,750 in less than 7 hours on Saturday!!!  UNBELIEVABLE is the best word to describe it!!!  Our garage was literaly full of items to sell, and we had to use our whole house to help stage the organization for the sale before hand.  Never thought my dining room table and chairs would end up in our office, but we got creative to make room for everything :)  I'm terrible at taking pictures, so you'll just have to imagine that pretty much all the furniture in my house was out of place!

Another big deal about the day is that we didn't get rained out.  Rain was forecasted ALL week for Sat, but mostly it was supposed to start around 3pm which would have been perfect.  Well, Sat morning we quickly realized that the weather forecasters seemed to be WAY off and it looked like it could pour at any moment.  Around 10am it started to sprinkle and Trace looked at the forecast which showed it was supposed to start raining in 10 mins and go for about 2 hours!  We didn't know what to do but we couldn't lose everything in the rain so we decided to pull it in.  So we brought everything in and took the signs down (all the while people were shopping and buying) and the rain NEVER CAME!  When Trace got back from taking the signs down we huddled again and decided we made the wrong call (um, since we prayed it wouldn't rain, I guess we should have had faith).  Since we had so much help- 11 of us were there at that point- we decided to set everything back out!  Talk about craziness, but we were blessed with lots of help so we had the manpower to pull it off, and thankfully we did because we stayed busy and sold a ton more stuff the up until we closed down at 2pm! 

I failed to get any pictures of the actual sale (I pretty much go like the Energizer bunny all day) but we got one shot with many of our dear yard sale helpers at McDonald's celebrating a successful day.  We are so grateful to ALL that helped us by donating, organizing and working the sale!  It never ceases to amaze me how many people's imprint are on our son's journey to come home. 

Drinks all around!

For now we are a step or two closer to our son and we are overwhelmed with thanksgiving and gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment