Apr 1, 2011

The Blog World

I may be considered somewhat new to the Blog World, but I quickly became a big fan of it.  Last April we were a little less than 2 months into our adoption process when people kept telling us that they knew of others that had adopted from Ethiopia and they would send us their blog address.  I thought it was pretty cool to be able to read about their story and a bonus to see pictures of their sweet families (don't you love pictures!)  So for about a month I checked out as many Ethiopia adoptive family blogs as I could and was thrilled by the great information available.  I felt like I was part of a community of like-minded people, never mind that they didn't know I existed!  Connection has been VERY important to me on this adoption journey and when I read these blogs I felt like I wasn't completely weird because there were lots of families "out there" that had walked the same journey and lived to document it.  With the help of a dear friend Ria (whose blog Life as a Wife is 100% cool and fun) I was able to create a humble blog of my own so we could share our adoption updates, and for me, to create a sort of journal of our process to look back on someday.

My thought for this post was to share that since my induction into Blog World my scope has (finally) expanded past adoption and friend blogs.  I have since discovered there are home improvement blogs, craft blogs, and a new found curiosity, food blogs!!!  I feel like there is a whole world out there waiting to be discovered!!!

So, I thought I would ask YOU to share some of your favorite blogs with me...or just one would do.  For most of you this would require you to comment on my post (which rarely ever happens) so I know that might be a little out of your comfort zone.  But hey, consider it a favor or just that you are humoring me, but if you have any fun blogs you think I would like, PLEASE share.  It really will make my day!

And to show you that this sharing thing goes both ways, here are a couple of my many favs (in no particular order):

Adoption
-A Bushel and a Peck www.onethankfulmom.com Lisa blogs about adoption and homeschooling- good ideas and resources are found here.

-Babe of My Heart www.babeofmyheart.com Andrea blogs about adoption and tons of other family life things.

-Holding God's Hand in the Journey marquezfamilyjourney.blogspot.com- Debb has become a friend and she is amazing at keeping her eyes focused during this crazy journey.

-In My Own Words http://smithfamilylowdown.blogspot.com/ Ashley is a dear friend and we have been side by side in our adoption journey for almost a year now.  She keeps it "real" and often has me smiling at her fun and honest way of sharing her life.

Other
-Dreams Running http://dreamsrunning.blogspot.com If you like poetry and deep insights you will find them on the blog of my sweet friend Alisa.  She is gifted in so many ways I am not and I love that I can learn from her!

-Parties and Pretties http://partiesandpretties.blogspot.com  Looking for some inspiration for amazingly gorgeous party decorating?  Visit here and check out the theme parties.  My incredibly talented and creative friend Sarah also has an event planning company in the CO Springs area so she has new ideas all the time.

-Drawn From Water http://www.drawnfromwater.org/  The two couples that run this ministry are in major transition right now, but I LOVE the heart beat of their ministry and have been challenged by them to engage my heart to the ongoing orphan crisis in Ethiopia. 

Crafts
Just a Girl www.justagirlblog.com There are some really fun projects on here that I.CAN.DO- and that's saying a lot.  It may not be the most well known craft/ project blog out there, but it gave me the confidence to finally start doing projects (my sewing table) and there are a lot a great ideas here.

Now it's YOUR turn to share.  Pretty Please...


Disclaimer- Trace has nothing to do with this post and is not officially "part" of the blog world.  He reads the posts I think he'll like, but otherwise his involvement is solely the occasional post for our blog.

6 comments:

  1. www.thepioneerwoman.com: Food, photography, farm-life. I love her. We would be great friends.

    http://ourlittletongginator.blogspot.com: After I read God and Adoption, I was H.O.O.K.E.D. I love that she is open (while somehow remaining curiously mysterious) and raw about adoption and their world. They are hopefully getting their 2nd referral in the next week!! (Of course you are already familiar with her) =)

    http://www.prudentbaby.com: Sewing, crafts, food. All things I love. And things that make me love Prudent Baby when I am in need of inspiration...I mean seriously, the other week they had a "How-to" on making your own butter??!?!?!

    http://www.faithfullyinfertile.com/: I don't know her and all I have ever done is stalk her blog...but I have really loved reading about their journey with their little girl and how they are working on number 2 =)

    http://elleapparel.blogspot.com/: Another sewing blog...but it's all so amazing. I {heart} tutorials. And she makes my heart happy =))

    That's a pretty good start. Thank you for the shout-out friend. You make my heart happy too =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this friend :) Thanks for the shoutout. I have been LOVING: http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.com/ awesome photos of AMAZING parties! Like OVER the top, but so incredible!!

    <3 Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Girl! THANKS for the blog love! You are too sweet!

    First off, I go to this blog daily. It does a wonderful job of helping me keep my eyes on Jesus. http://devotions.proverbs31.org/

    I was going to post about www.thepioneerwoman.com too! It really is a good blog!

    I love http://thisdomesticateddiva.blogspot.com/ and following their journey to their baby girl in ET!

    Oh, and you must check out http://buildingtheblocks.blogspot.com/ her heart for God will bless you and convict you! in a beautiful way!

    If you are at all interested in learning of gluten free recipes, this site ROCKS.........http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

    Hope this gives you some new ideas of blogs to visit! Now I am going off to check out your suggestions! Have a blessed week! May God be touching your life in a most amazing way this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.celebratingeverydaylife.blogspot.com/ - family who has adopted several children from China, blogs about their daily life

    http://britneymlae.blogspot.com/ - same family's daughter, also an HA alum from a few years ago...super cute and creative and loves Jesus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and I'll be browsing through! And thanks for including my little blogette*
    Here are two of my favorites for spiritual/mommyhoood inspiration:

    http://www.aholyexperience.com
    http://www.itakejoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://nursepanic.blogspot.com/ My cousin is a nurse in Saudi Arabia for the next two years.

    http://www.crochetme.com/ Lots of crocheting tips.

    ReplyDelete