Feb 2, 2011

Things on My Mind...

1. I wish I still lived in Tulsa so I could have a couple of snow days and stay home dressed in pj's drinking coffee be close to so many family and friends that live there.  As it is now, the temperature is around 24 degrees and feels like 6 with the wind chill- this is VERY cold for East Texas, but there is no pretty snow to go with it!

2. My dad recently asked if we were going to go through withdrawals since football season is almost over.  I told him no since I didn't care all that much about the football season this year anyway (and I'm sure it has nothing to to do with the Cowboys stellar season.)  I actually keep forgetting that the Super Bowl is this coming weekend.  We'll definitely be watching it though , and cheering for Green Bay- sorry Steelers fans!

3. I'm thinking about starting a sort of series on my blog talking about the things I am learning about adoptive parenting.  Of course this will be before-hand knowledge until our son comes home, but we have learned so many incredible things this past year as we prepare to parent an adopted child.  I thought some of this knowledge might be useful for those that are welcoming an adopted child into their sphere via family or friendship.  Stay tuned...

4. We are definitely in a season of developing new friendships and I am SOOOOOOOOO blessed by this!  Everywhere from getting plugged into a wonderful home group at our church, to the other adoptive families working with our agency, to new blog friends, to deepening friendships with a few people already in our life- it's incredible!  While I greatly treasure our long lasting friendships, I am also grateful for these newer relationships as well.

5. My cute dog Colette needs a middle name and I need help coming up with one (yes, you read that correctly- I give our dogs middle names and I'm only slightly embarrassed of that fact.)  Seriously, I need ideas since so far my nephew Joel suggested "Lamar" and that is out of the question.  Colette Lamar- come on, only a 19 year old guy would actually think that's a good name :)  Feel free to take pity on this sweet girl and send me some suggestions!

Thank you for reading my ramblings today- I guess I'm in a strange mood!

5 comments:

  1. Faith? Hope? Elizabeth? Victoria? Lee?

    Just a few of "my" rambling thoughts....hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randee,

    I love the idea of writing about things you are learning that are important parts of being an adoptive parent! I feel like I have learned so much, but will I remember it when I need it most?? Every step of this journey teaches us something that I would have never thought of! Looking forward to seeing where this idea of yours goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Randee! I just saw your post on my blog! I am so excited to get to know you. It sounds like we have SO much in common! :) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just spent a bunch of time reading through your blog! :) I think we might know many of the same people! Kate Betancourt was my roommate at TM! LOVE her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your blog. It is good to put down your emotions as you have them because life goes on and we forget the feelings behind the actions. I think Collette's middle could be Erin? Loved the table. It brings back lots of memories of my mom sewing on it and me as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete