After many weeks of research (if you count Facebook advice and blog stalking as research) I finally built up the courage to buy my supplies and paint the sewing table passed down from my grandmother. The table and sewing machine in it (solid metal mind you- I can barely move the thing around) is definitely older than I am, and it surely had seen better days. It has been sitting in our garage for years, so I was determined to put it to use. My family and friends know that I am NOT the crafty or fix-it type, so the refurbishing of furniture is not easy for me. Hence the research. So, after much ado (in my own mind) here are the before and after pictures of the ancient sewing table turned Pretty Table.
BEFORE
AFTER
Now, this table sits in our front room and I am happy to say that I LOVE it!!! It is not perfectly painted, but I learned a great deal and now have a lot more confidence to tackle the other furniture refurbishing projects I have coming up. The right tools and paint really do make all the difference, as does patience, and that is a virtue I am long learning :)
love it! :) great job.
ReplyDeleteRandee, so excited as your new season draws near - wish i could be closer to hear about it and feel the anticipation building, but know that i am from a distance. :)
This looks GREAT! Good job Randee! I'm encouraged to tackle little things too. Thanks for posting this...maybe you can start up a fundraiser by refurbishing some things???? Just a thought ;)
ReplyDeleteLet Trace know I said hello.
Much love to you two.