It's been so long since I've posted that I actually started to feel guilty about being a horrible blogger!!! Since just discovering the "Blog World" about a month ago, I am amazed at how much useful (not-to-mention entertaining) info can be found- especially in relation to international adoption. There are people that are as good at blogging as I am bad, so I think it balances out :)
Our adoption update is not as happy as I'd like it to be at this moment. We are now a full 6 weeks into our home study, and 5.5 weeks from our last interview/ inspection and the home study is still not completed. We are really at a standstill with submitting our US immigration paperwork (I-600 for those of you in-the-know with the IA lingo) and are getting super restless as it seems the time frame for our completed adoption continues to get longer and longer. We definitely expected delays at certain points, but not this early in the process so we are working on patience :) Some days are easier than others...but then again some days life is busier and distraction is easier to come by. Fortunately, there be about two weeks of family and friends to visit with and celebrate so distraction will abound! Hopefully that will be enough time to get us through the home study...
I completely understand how you feel! It's painful.....that's why I started on the dossier paperwork!! I hope next week brings you good news!!
ReplyDelete